UGH! Vacation was so lovely! I want to go back so bad! But, here we are......back in the land of responsibility. :P We now have to get up on time, get dressed, and get to school. The kids have fallen back into the routine pretty well this year. Rachel has a hard time some mornings. She really is a busy girl, I don't blame her at all for struggling to crawl out of her nice warm bed. I fear it will get even harder once the weather turns cold. I do have to give her a big kudos though because she is being quite disciplined and taking on this new heavy schedule and responsibilities with a great attitude. Wow, she is really growing up!!
On our plates at the moment is homeschooling, homeschool co op, soccer, church, Rachel's Cosmetology classes, worship rehearsals, piano lessons......add all of that to the usual housework, yard work, orthodontists appointments, Dan and Leanne's work schedule and it gets more and more obvious each day that we need another vehicle! Though it's crazy, I do feel that we have a good balance. Being active is healthy for minds and bodies and we are all home for dinner at least 4 nights a week. The other nights we eat and run and I pack food for those who didn't make it home before the evening activity.
Once school starts, we get a lot of funny quotes. Not that we didn't already, but now it's more often. This is one of the things I feel so blessed to experience. Things I would be missing if my kids were in school, or I would have hear it second hand. As I'm trying to make sure they behave and stay on track, I'm struggling with not laughing and getting distracted by their funny personalities. I think some days I have them fooled, others not so much.
Like this morning. It all starts out innocent enough. A simple question brought to mind by a reading lesson. This is what was said:
Christopher~~"What's muddle?"
Rachel~~"It's waddling through mud."
LOL!! Not quite, but it was a good try! I'm sure I will have plenty of "Quotable Quotes" as we carry on with the 2010-2011 school year. I hope your year is truly blessed with joy and laughter! God Bless!!
Love the funny quotes and can't wait to read more!
ReplyDelete