Like I said, we are Christians. We love God. We read our bibles. We pray together. We do our best to serve Him every day. We go to church on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings.
However......we are also human. Not everyone is excited about getting up early on a Sunday morning. We are six people sharing two bathrooms (and some clothing items). Some of us have to leave earlier than others.
The sounds of our home on these mornings can be loud, silly and sometimes stressful. Often you'll hear someone banging on the bathroom door hollaring (yes, I said hollaring.....I'm part hillbilly) at the person inside to HURRY UP!! Add in the sounds of Jimmy Neutron, joking/laughter, someone singing, people running up and down the stairs carrying up music equipment and the ever-present, "Does this match?" "Can I borrow your ________?" "Where are my SHOES?" and that sums up the basic sounds of the morning.
If you walked into our house after we've all left you will see coat hangers, ironing boards, hair dryers, straighteners and cereal boxes strewn about. Last minute wardrobe changes cause a sudden flurry of activity. This morning wasn't too bad, we only had two. I decided that the longer black skirt better matched my shirt, and my 14 year old son said, "MOM! These shoes are too tight!" <envision me running to find socks to match the other pair>
As you see, we are a busy getting-ready-for-church family. This morning posed extra challenges. Dan had to be at church for worship rehearsal (he's an awesome guitarist) at 8am, and there was a scheduling mistake at Leanne's work so she had to be there at 8:30am. The rest of us were to be at church by 9. Did I mention that we only have 2 cars? And, that we are sitting smack dab in the middle of endless construction? Thankfully Leanne's work is just up the road. I got as ready as I could before we had to leave to drop her off. I took my shower, put the gel in my hair, ironed clothes, and was putting lotion on my legs when I discovered my dilemma. They were not quite as stubble-free as I thought they were. They weren't bad but they were less smooth than I would be comfortable with. So, I started the quick-as-a-flash shaving that us ladies are so good at. I got one leg done, and planned to do the other one when I got back home.
Can you guess what happened next? I know you can.
Yep......I forgot to finish shaving!! I discovered this issue in the van half way to church. AND, since it's summer and it's been so HOT here I was not wearing pantyhose. :P So there I sat, one smooth leg and one not-so-smooth. Thank goodness for low lights in the church!
Oh well, I'm pretty sure that God is happy that I decided to keep going and attend church as is. It's all about HIM anyway!!
bwaaa haaaa haaaa!!! I wore pants to church yesterday because I was too lazy to shave. I know the feeling. LOL
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Kym